My Record Collection

Since record collecting is starting to garner more and more attention once again, I figured I'd share some interesting ones of my own. I started collecting records around June of 2018, it started with a few of my grandmother's records that I inherited. The first records I owned were original pressings of '67-'70 by The Beatles, and Thriller by Michael Jackson. From there I began buying more records of albums that I enjoyed myself, in just under 4 years I've gone from only two records to 118. I've got records going back to the '50s, all the way to records that have just recently been released. 

 A few of my favorites include this Tri-Color Faces by Mac Miller -                         

      

Here are some of my other favorites -White pressing of The Fall of Hobo Johnson 


Original Pressing of '62-'66 by the Beatles -

Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix -

Music has always been a huge part of my life, and being able to buy physical copies and play them on my turntable is a completely different experience than just pressing the play button on Spotify. I've learned quite a bit about turntables since I got into record collecting, how they work, what makes a good turntable over a bad one, the impact a counter-weight and anti-skate have on keeping your records protected, what makes a cartridge or stylus good or bad, and just so much more. 

I've had a great time with record collecting so far, and I plan on continuing to collect them for years to come. 

-Malcolm Morris
3/5/2022







Comments

  1. Man i seriously love your theme. everything looks really slick. I have a friend that collects records too. i had never considered the record player itself to be very important before this. do you prefer a modern record player or is there a difference in quality that makes an older one with the right components worthwhile?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment